Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Flu

Little one with her butter sandwich and ginger ale
Well lots of things have been going on in my house this week. Friday morning I woke up to my daughter crying in her room. I went to see what was wrong and she said that her tummy hurt and that she was to dizzy to come and get me. She was burning up so I took her temperature….it was 103. So I made a doctors appt and took her in. Turns out that she has the FLU….the doctor said she tested positive for both strains of the flu. So I am working hard to get her better and then my hubby is sick with it. So my son and I are the only ones ok and then Saturday night he comes down with the flu. I am desperately trying not to get this. It is such hard work running around disinfecting everything. AND I HAVE TO GO IN TO WORK TOMORROW FOR A LONG TIME!! Still trying to figure out who is going to take care of everyone then. I decided we needed to keep my little girl in the living room while she was sick and that I would sleep in there with her. So what does she do……she goes and gets on the big couch and leaves me the loveseat. I have slept like crap all weekend with my legs are bunched up! She is getting better so that is good. I have barely been able to get her to eat all weekend. So today she asks for a BUTTER SANDWICH. I was like ewww gross, and tried to talk her out of it. And yet she would not budge and she wanted to make it herself (she is 5). So I relented and let her and she ate it up!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry your little one is sick! Hugs to every one of you!!!