Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013.....already?

Well it has been way to long since I logged in. I hope to pick back up on my blogging this year. Have high hopes for 2013!! My New Years resolution is to make my body more flexible. To be in my early 30's, I am feeling old. Definitely want to make better food choices as well along with lose weight. Have started using my juicer again and love it.

Made this recipe today in the crockpot and I have to say it was super easy and delicious. Served with roasted broccoli.

Recipe from Add a Pinch - http://addapinch.com

This Balsamic Roast Beef Recipe is simple and delicious. You’ll definitely want left overs of this roast beef recipe for all those scrumptious leftover meals!
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Serves: 6-8
Ingredients
1 3-4 pound boneless roast beef (chuck or round roast)
1 cup beef broth
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Instructions
Place roast beef into the insert of your slow cooker. In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef and set the timer for your slow cooker. (4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low)
Once roast beef has cooked, remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish. Break apart lightly with two forks and then ladle about ¼ – ½ cup of gravy over roast beef.
Store remaining gravy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for another use.
Notes


If you prefer a more pronounced flavor, once the roast beef has been removed, use a fat separator on the gravy and then pour the gravy into a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until the gravy has reduced by half.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: