Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies
2 cups butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp vanilla
1 15oz can pumpkin
4 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In large bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds or until creamy and 'whipped'. Add granulated sugar, baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
3. Add eggs, and vanilla, beat until combined.
4. Beat in pumpkin
5. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the remaining flour.
6. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookies sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tops are set. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk or half & half
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Heat butter and brown sugar in small saucepan until melted and smooth.
2. Stir in vanilla and milk. Transfer to a medium bowl and get out your hand held mixer.
3. Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
4. Spread frosting on cookies. If desired, sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
Makes about 60 cookies.